JUICY-NEWS

CELEBRITY GOSSIP DAILY NEWS

 

Send Me Juicy Gossip
Juicy News Sponsors

People Online
online
Juicy-News
Tupac's Sister Tells Her Story
Tuesday, August 29, 2006

When I was growing up my mother [Afeni Shakur] was going through depression. Her brain was cut off at a certain point, when I needed it. Her fighting times were when Tupac [Shakur] was being developed, between his birth and 13. All this stuff happened between Assata Shakur being broken out [of jail].


My father [Mutulu Shakur] is in jail for breaking Assata Shakur out of prison. This happened when I was 5.

"I'm bipolar. I battle with depression and suicide on a daily."

I've been hospitalized twice. After I left the hospital, I went through intensive therapy for three years, going to the therapist three times a week. I moved to Sausalito, California, where there was nothing but high class white people. They didn't even know who Tupac was. I really needed to separate myself from the black community and it was almost like I was in refuge there. I was able to build my spirit back.
I deal with a lot of shame. Just growing up the way that I grew up, hiding from the FBI, living in poverty, just being dark-skinned with short hair. You live with a lot of shame. You build up a wall that tells you that you're bad. So, that phrase, 'Your opinion of me is none of my business,' really has gotten me through a lot daily garbage.

"My mother said that Tupac was her soul mate."

I've always been the shadow in the corner. I'm actually the heart in my family. My mother is the backbone. 'Pac is the catalyst. I'm the heart. I'm what keeps us together.

My mom never taught me how to cook. She taught my brother how to cook, and I happened to be in the room when she did it. She never taught me about being a woman. She taught Jada [Pinkett]. She was telling Jada, when they were in high school, I just happen to be in the room listening to that. Click Here to continue reading the entire article.
posted by Juicy @ 10:22 AM  
|

HOME: Maryland

I must say, "Fashion, Fashion, Fashion is my first passion!" My second passion would have to be indulging myself with Pop culture and of course, 'Celebrity gossip.'

See my complete profile

Fall Fashion Trends
Fashion & Beauty Blogs
*Let's Shop!*
*Top Links*
Previous Post
Music Blogs
Search Juicy News
Google
Web JUICY NEWS
Disclaimer
Be advised that information on this site may or may not always be accurate, therefore this site makes no warranties or guarantees as to the validity of any claims. Every picture on the blog is copyrighted to its respectful owner and cannot be used for any commercial project.
Subscribe To Juicy News
Subscribe to JUICY NEWS
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

TEMPLATE BY

Free Blogger Templates

Graphics created by Kitty:

  • FullMoonGraphics

    BLOGGER

  •