JUICY-NEWS

CELEBRITY GOSSIP DAILY NEWS

 

Send Me Juicy Gossip
Juicy News Sponsors

People Online
online
Juicy-News
Thursday, July 27, 2006

IGN FilmForce recently got the chance to chat with Ashanti during a roundtable interview in Los Angeles.

Q: What was it about doing John Tucker, or this kind of movie, that appealed to you?
Ashanti: It was a totally different character for me. I had just come off of Coach Carter and I wanted to show that I was diverse. It was a different demographic. It was younger, more lighthearted.


Q: So is it easy for you to go back to those dark days of adolescent angst?
Ashanti: It was easy, but I must say my high school years were cool. I didn't have a dark period. I had a good time.

Q: Have you ever taken out revenge on a jilted lover, or boyfriend?

Ashanti: Yes, but not as good as these girls. I wish that I would have done it a little better.

Q: What did you do?

Ashanti: I found out that, you know I wasn't giving up the goods. My boyfriend went out and got the goods from an older chick. I found out and I kind of just overly, overly ignored him. Like if you were sitting right here and you were him, I would say "Oh, hi! How are you!" to all of his friends. I passed him right through him and never returned his calls or pages.

Q: What's happening with your music career?

Ashanti: We're in the middle of recording. We're taking it slow and mellow. I'm kind of sliding into this Hollywood walk right now.

Q: So why has music taken a back seat now to your acting?

Ashanti: Well, I think it's time. I've been out since 2002, dropping albums. I wanted to do something different.

Q: How do you see your discipline paying off for you now?

Ashanti: I think my motto is to always remain focused on what it is that you're trying to accomplish. It's so important to never limit yourself, to find yourself in a box. To not reinvent yourself. The challenge is definitely what is the catalyst to the growth as a person and as an entertainer. I think it's so important to always try and do something different and new.

Q: How is your new album going to sound? Is it different than what you've done before?

Ashanti: It's obviously going to be very different. It's been a year, and it's going to be my fourth album.

Q: So what is the next big thing?

Ashanti: Well, we actually just wrapped Resident Evil: Extinction, which is a totally different character for me. I get to shoot a 9mm, and I'm walking around with bullets hanging around across my chest.Click here to continue reading the entire article

posted by Juicy @ 2:58 PM  
|

HOME: Maryland

I must say, "Fashion, Fashion, Fashion is my first passion!" My second passion would have to be indulging myself with Pop culture and of course, 'Celebrity gossip.'

See my complete profile

Fall Fashion Trends
Fashion & Beauty Blogs
*Let's Shop!*
*Top Links*
Previous Post
Music Blogs
Search Juicy News
Google
Web JUICY NEWS
Disclaimer
Be advised that information on this site may or may not always be accurate, therefore this site makes no warranties or guarantees as to the validity of any claims. Every picture on the blog is copyrighted to its respectful owner and cannot be used for any commercial project.
Subscribe To Juicy News
Subscribe to JUICY NEWS
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

TEMPLATE BY

Free Blogger Templates

Graphics created by Kitty:

  • FullMoonGraphics

    BLOGGER

  •