JUICY-NEWS

CELEBRITY GOSSIP DAILY NEWS

 

Send Me Juicy Gossip
Juicy News Sponsors

People Online
online
Juicy-News
Clean For 3 1/2 Months
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Mario, 21, began filming the documentary in the summer while working on his album ''Go,'' to be released Nov. 27. It is shot from Mario's perspective - revealing a balancing act between a blossoming career and a turbulent personal life.



''It's a documentary showing the relationship with my mother, and her obstacles that she had to overcome as an addict, a drug addict. She was addicted to heroin most of her life - she's clean now,'' Mario told The Associated Press in an interview this week.

Sobriety came after Mario - with the help of Hardaway's boyfriend, a close family friend and an interventionist - confronted his mother on camera, offering her the chance to reform her life. She accepted. And Mario says the last three-and-a-half months have been the best in his life.


Addicted to heroin, Hardaway was unable to care for Mario during his early years. But it was her - a pianist - who sparked Mario's passion for music. ''She had a lot to do with me acknowledging music in the first place. She kept good music around,'' said Mario. ''She was the person who encouraged me to do those talent shows, and ultimately allowed people to see my talent.''

But it was Hardaway's addiction that kept her son from wholeheartedly enjoying his successes. And it was her addiction that led to a short childhood.

''I was about nine or 10. I remember seeing needles on the dresser, and her with like - I can't remember if it was a belt - something around her arm and she was just like, sleep on the bed,'' said Mario. ''That was the first time I ever noticed anything weird and after that it was just, I guess, her personality and her mood swings, and that type of thing. And just her not being around for long periods of time.''


Later, Mario, who has appeared in the films ''Step UpStep'' and ''Freedom Writers,'' found himself doing another kind of acting - playing the role of parent to his mother. Mario's decision to stop supporting his mother's lifestyle is what led to the intervention.


Mario said being on camera was very difficult at first. ''I didn't want people to see how I was sometimes aggressive with my mother, or sometimes I would have to raise my voice or I would say things that I really didn't mean,'' he said. ''It was really difficult but it got to the point where I felt like the camera was almost like a book. I was telling a story. I was releasing all of these feelings that I had inside for so long.''

He said that both he and his mother hope their story is one that others can relate to. ''I was kinda surprised because I didn't know so many people had gone through the same thing. It kind of uplifted me a little bit more. And I really felt good about it. And I feel like it's gonna help to save some lives.''
posted by Juicy @ 8:03 AM  
|

HOME: Maryland

I must say, "Fashion, Fashion, Fashion is my first passion!" My second passion would have to be indulging myself with Pop culture and of course, 'Celebrity gossip.'

See my complete profile

Fall Fashion Trends
Fashion & Beauty Blogs
*Let's Shop!*
*Top Links*
Previous Post
Music Blogs
Search Juicy News
Google
Web JUICY NEWS
Disclaimer
Be advised that information on this site may or may not always be accurate, therefore this site makes no warranties or guarantees as to the validity of any claims. Every picture on the blog is copyrighted to its respectful owner and cannot be used for any commercial project.
Subscribe To Juicy News
Subscribe to JUICY NEWS
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

TEMPLATE BY

Free Blogger Templates

Graphics created by Kitty:

  • FullMoonGraphics

    BLOGGER

  •