JUICY-NEWS

CELEBRITY GOSSIP DAILY NEWS

 

Send Me Juicy Gossip
Juicy News Sponsors

People Online
online
Juicy-News
NIA LONG OPENS UP TO ESSENCE
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
The beautiful Nia Long graces the February cover of Essence as she attempts to set the record straight on baby daddy drama.

Essence: So there really was a fight?

Nia Long: Yes. But I want to get this straight: It wasn't my fault. I didn't start it; I didn't throw any punches. It was one man's ego against another man's pride. It was all about them.

Essence: But how do two grown men start fighting at a mall?

Nia Long: What happened was, I'd gone out to dinner with my son and a friend of mine. This was the first time I'd ever brought my child around someone I was dating, so it was a big deal.

After dinner, my son's father [to whom Long was previously engaged; the couple broke up when their son was a toddler] needed to pick him up, so I told him to meet me. Really, I had no intention of introducing him to my friend right then, because my life is my business. He knows I'm a good mother, and that's the most important thing. But he got to the mall a lot faster than I thought he would. It's like he put on his Batman wings and flew [laughing].

When I saw him I thought, Okay, this is nothing to get excited about, and I introduced him to my friend. They shook hands, and then I guess my son's father just got emotional, because he basically punched my friend in the face.

Essence: He shook his hand and then popped him for no reason?

Nia Long: Words were exchanged, but I'm not going to repeat them. Really, I don't think that fight had anything to do with me. I think it had to do with our son. Men are very protective of their children, and ours is his first and only child. I think my child's father was like, "This is who's around my son?" and just kind of lost it. Then they started fighting, so I walked off because I didn't want my son to get the idea that this is appropriate behavior. That's when the mall security came and broke it up, and the police were called. [Long's ex did not return repeated phone calls from Essence.]

Essence: How did you explain to your 6-year-old son why his father just hit a man in the face?

Nia Long: I told him his father got emotional and lost his temper, and he didn't use his best judgment.


(Eurweb)
(Essence)

posted by Juicy @ 7:23 AM  
|

HOME: Maryland

I must say, "Fashion, Fashion, Fashion is my first passion!" My second passion would have to be indulging myself with Pop culture and of course, 'Celebrity gossip.'

See my complete profile

Fall Fashion Trends
Fashion & Beauty Blogs
*Let's Shop!*
*Top Links*
Previous Post
Music Blogs
Search Juicy News
Google
Web JUICY NEWS
Disclaimer
Be advised that information on this site may or may not always be accurate, therefore this site makes no warranties or guarantees as to the validity of any claims. Every picture on the blog is copyrighted to its respectful owner and cannot be used for any commercial project.
Subscribe To Juicy News
Subscribe to JUICY NEWS
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

TEMPLATE BY

Free Blogger Templates

Graphics created by Kitty:

  • FullMoonGraphics

    BLOGGER

  •