JUICY-NEWS

CELEBRITY GOSSIP DAILY NEWS

 

Send Me Juicy Gossip
Juicy News Sponsors

People Online
online
Juicy-News
Dominique Interviewed by Singersroom
Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wassup Dominique. How are you doing?

Dominique: Hey - I'm doing well. I've been focused on the inside things like going to the studio and personal training; just getting my whole situation together.

Do you plan to keep incorporating a lot of dance into your routines?

Dominique: No I don't. Actually, you never know what happens when you go to a label, but I would prefer it if I didn't have to dance at all just because I want my audience to be focused on my vocal performance. Not my appearance or dancing ability.

When did you start singing?

Dominique: I started singing when I was 2. I never pursued a career until Making the Band. My whole life has been dedicated to my education and making it to college. Once I was there my mom made me audition for the show and I made it, and that was it. Once the show was over that's when I decided to pursue my career.

When you went to audition did you think that you would win?

Dominique: I took it one day at a time to be honest with you. In the beginning I was only doing it because my mom asked me to. I had confidence in myself, but I was not expecting to make it past the first stages because over 10,000 girls auditioned. So out of 10,000 you don't necessarily feel like your going to be one of the 20 girls that end up in the House.

Is the industry what you dreamed it would be?

Dominique: No. I don't know if I ever dreamed about what the industry would be like. I never really had anything coming into it that I assumed. I never had any presumptions or anything like that about the industry. It's smaller than I expected and a lot harder to break into.

What was it like working with Diddy and Bad Boy in the studio?

Dominique: The studio was actually my best experience. I had a lot of fun with the producers and the artists he put us in with. That was probably one of the best experiences of the show, being in the studio.

Do you have creative control over your project or are there people from Bad Boy who handle the direction you're going in?

Dominique: Oh no. My affiliation with Bad Boy is really done. After the show they offered me a demo deal and I didn't accept it. After that I decided it didn't make sense. If I wasn't going to take the deal then it didn't make sense to be there.

During the show Diddy used to raise questions about your figure. Did that ever discourage you in any way?

Dominique: In the beginning it did because...to be honest with you for my whole life I looked like the rest of the world. But I guess in terms of the industry I have a few more pounds than everybody else. To me it took getting used to because in regular society I'm considered to be regular. I have a few friends that are thick and they call me skinny all day. So it was weird in the beginning to have him say that but I had to really get used to the fact that people in the industry are like 10 times skinnier than the rest of the world. Once I got used to it I tried to slim down but I don't want to be a size zero - you know what I'm saying? It's not where I want to be. If that's going to affect me...then I got to figure that out later.

(Read more)

posted by Juicy @ 6:40 AM  
|

HOME: Maryland

I must say, "Fashion, Fashion, Fashion is my first passion!" My second passion would have to be indulging myself with Pop culture and of course, 'Celebrity gossip.'

See my complete profile

Fall Fashion Trends
Fashion & Beauty Blogs
*Let's Shop!*
*Top Links*
Previous Post
Music Blogs
Search Juicy News
Google
Web JUICY NEWS
Disclaimer
Be advised that information on this site may or may not always be accurate, therefore this site makes no warranties or guarantees as to the validity of any claims. Every picture on the blog is copyrighted to its respectful owner and cannot be used for any commercial project.
Subscribe To Juicy News
Subscribe to JUICY NEWS
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

TEMPLATE BY

Free Blogger Templates

Graphics created by Kitty:

  • FullMoonGraphics

    BLOGGER

  •