JUICY-NEWS

CELEBRITY GOSSIP DAILY NEWS

 

Send Me Juicy Gossip
Juicy News Sponsors

People Online
online
Juicy-News
Deelishia Interview With BET
Tuesday, October 17, 2006

BET.com: Your feelings for Flav sound so genuine, yet many viewers can't picture you, or anybody for that matter, having real feelings for him.

Deelishis: My feelings are genuine, and I really don't care to explain it. People will hopefully see a wonderful outcome and eventually come to see it for themselves. It's real.

BET.com: How did you feel when you heard Flav tell New York he loved her?

Deelishis: We recognized he loved her when he wanted her back on the show. He's a person who is easy to love, so it's easy for him to love. When I heard him say that, I was confused. I thought it was the end, but they had history and that love may have been a respect thing.

BET.com: Did you feel bad for her when she lashed out at Flav?

Deelishis: No, she was a tad bit extra for me. I never witnessed a true moment for her until that moment. You would never see New York pull her weave behind her ear. That was the only time she was real. She was humiliated.

BET.com: Were you upset to find out that New York and Flav slept together?

Deelishis: During the Belize trip, yeah, I was upset because I thought my connection with him was crazy. But prior to that point, it was whatever. I wasn't sleeping with him, so maybe he just wanted to get his rocks off.
In the end, I won. And If he didn't pick me, I would have thought it was all for TV.

Deelishis has a few words for those who questioned her womanhood. Plus, will Deelishis play mommy to Flav's kids? Find out!

BET.com: OK, Sweetlikhoney wants to know, "How [did] you keep cool without kicking New York's ass?"

Deelishis: Knowing eventually a reunion would come. My focus was on Flav. When we made it to Belize, I was tired of fighting. I chilled, prayed and enjoyed the scenery. I was preparing for what could have been one of the most devastating days of my life.

BET.com: Lagrette asks, "Will you be making any calendars for the holiday season?"

Deelishis: I have been offered, but you can find me in Big Tigga's Kittens 2007 - 2008, Flawless Edition. But I'm really interested in doing a calendar with Flav's kids and my daughter. Something like the Brady Bunch, but the Flavor Bunch. There are enough of us to cover every month.

BET.com: Gclaybon asks, "I have scars like you and it messes with my confidence level. How do you keep your confidence high?"

Deelishis: There's something about my personality that's far more compelling than my scars. I've never had to deal with anyone ever making me feel bad about that in my 28 years. I wasn't self-conscious until recently with the show. I've read some of the cruelest things in those blogs.

It wasn't until now that I find myself covering it up. And I'm going to have to check myself on that. My scars have never defined me. I define them. It's all about who you are. You can't worry about things you can't change or control.


BET.com: Valerie2003 asks, "Will you take care of all of Flav's kids?"

Deelishis: They're a rainbow of beautiful personalities. I'm all about that. I'm not trying to run his life, replace their mother or anything. I just want to be there for them.

BET.com: So, what type of opportunities will you accept? You stated you were not interested in becoming a model; however, you do have a Web site.

Deelishis: I've been a part of EyeCandy Modeling for several years. I'm not a model. I'm not receiving checks like Tyra Banks or Iman. And have you seen my ass? People use the word "model" too loosely. Do I promote myself? Yes. Take it for what it is. I'm not going to walk on nobody's catwalk, and I'm not interested in videos. I enjoy taking pictures. Calvin Klein would never hire me. He would tell me to go on the treadmill first.

BET.com: Are there any misconceptions or rumors you'd like to clear up?

Deelishis: I AM a woman. The first time I read that, I didn't know how to feel. It cut deeply. It cut like a knife and more importantly I have a daughter. I've been through things only a woman can go through, so for someone to strip my God-given abilities, it hurt. When we were adolescents we all went through torment because kids are cruel. I didn't expect to go through this now. It was heartbreaking.
But, I held my head up. I was born a woman and I will die a woman.

BET.com: Will you ever remove your scars?

Deelishis: No, I won't remove them, and it is very expensive. Plus, if I treat them, my doctor said that there's no guarantee that they'll go away and stay away. Like I said, no one really cared until now, but I'm good.....Source
posted by Juicy @ 12:28 PM  
|

HOME: Maryland

I must say, "Fashion, Fashion, Fashion is my first passion!" My second passion would have to be indulging myself with Pop culture and of course, 'Celebrity gossip.'

See my complete profile

Fall Fashion Trends
Fashion & Beauty Blogs
*Let's Shop!*
*Top Links*
Previous Post
Music Blogs
Search Juicy News
Google
Web JUICY NEWS
Disclaimer
Be advised that information on this site may or may not always be accurate, therefore this site makes no warranties or guarantees as to the validity of any claims. Every picture on the blog is copyrighted to its respectful owner and cannot be used for any commercial project.
Subscribe To Juicy News
Subscribe to JUICY NEWS
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

TEMPLATE BY

Free Blogger Templates

Graphics created by Kitty:

  • FullMoonGraphics

    BLOGGER

  •